Re: [Vala] vala.vim updated

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 00:45 +0100, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:15 AM, Hans Vercammen <hveso3 gmail com> wrote:
Another (not uncommon) option would be to distribute syntax files with
the vala tarball, so it always matches the installed release. But I
don't have a strong opinion about this since writing vala code isn't and
shouldn't be favored to any kind of editor.

I don't think that would be a bad thing, at least for some time. I
personally use more emacs than vim, and gedit. But I get along with
all of them. In the same way as git as many editor/tools in "extra"
(or was it "contrib"), it does not favor any.

Cool, but we probably need some configure options nonetheless.

If the maintainer agrees to have them as part of the release, that
would be nice for distributions to package (instead of just a file,
living somewhere in a wiki page).

Much agreed! And it would be much easier to keep them in sync with the
vala release.

Regards,
Hans