[Vala] Introducing Realise (prototype 1)

Hi all,

Following up on my last build tool post, I've finally pushed my source
to somewhere more useful.  After a few minutes doodling I decided on
the name Realise, as a being punny enough without being totally
incomprehensible.

The project is at launchpad, at https://launchpad.net/realise, and my
source is https://code.launchpad.net/~undeconstructed/realise/proto-1.

I've deliberately not designated my branch as the trunk, because at
this point I'm not yet convinced that it takes the best approach in a
whole range of areas.  Instead, I'm calling it proto-1, and hoping
that everyone else will feel free to push their own prototypes as they
want, either as branches of mine or coded from scratch.  At some point
in the future hopefully some sort of consensus might emerge, and then
one prototype can become the basis for future work.

If anyone has any interest in trying out my code, please realise that
it is very early stage, and makes a lot of assumptions - for example,
when compiling it will always invoke the first "valac" and "gcc"
binaries in the path.  Also, it currently needs an outdated version of
libcore[1], patched to support a tiny bit of extra xml.  If anyone has
the patience to try it, I would be very grateful, any changes needed
to get it to run will be accepted.

[1] https://code.launchpad.net/~undeconstructed/libcore/devel

--
Phil Housley