Re: [Vala] Fonts problem.

Arkadi Viner wrote:
You aren't using a fixed layout, are you?
Well, I am.  :-)
My gui is very complicated with a lot of widgets and It just seemed to me
much simpler to draw everything with a fixed layout.

Yeah, it can seem so at first, but in the end fixed layout requires you
to manually tweak the sizes and positions of everything, and it ends up
being a lot of work.

use HBox and VBox (and Table) to align and group your widgets, don't
position them absolutely.
The interface will adapt itself to font family and size.
If you say that the interface will adapt itself, I will probably redraw all
the interface using HBox and VBox and Table widgets...

If you use those widget containers then GTK can calculate the correct
size and position of all widgets so that they dont cover each other or
cut text or so on.

You also might want to look at Gtk.Alignment widget, which allows you to
align and pad other widgets.

--
Arto Karppinen