Re: [Vala] Fonts problem.

Il giorno sab, 10/10/2009 alle 16.57 +0200, Arkadi Viner ha scritto:

I have build my gui with glade and it looks pretty well on my laptop but on
some systems it doesn't look well.
The captions of labels some times don't fit in and the user sees only
partial captions and the font it self is different and some time very ugly.
So how you handle those kind of problems? Should I provide my used fonts
with the installer? some how make the size of fonts fixed?

Gtk (and all the glade created interfaces) uses the settings of the PC
in which it runs.

If that PC has not the font installed and configured as Gtk default, it
will be different.

You should prepare "fluid" interfaces in Glade. Don't enable "shrink" on
buttons and labels, don't use fixed size widgets, use HBox and VBox (and
Table) to align and group your widgets, don't position them absolutely.

The interface will adapt itself to font family and size.

Bye.