Re: [Vala] Impossible to subclass from gio stream classes?

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 09:43:39 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
Does that mean that sbuclassing a non-Vala GObject is different from
subclassing a Vala one ?

Well, somewhat. For non-vala classes, you can't call non-default
constructors. They always have a default one (even though none is declared)
and construct properties, that you set instead of passing parameters to the
base constructor. That should be the only difference, though.

Is there a wiki page describing this clearly for simple minds like me ?

The tutorial explains the "GObject-style construction" somewhat, but I am not
sure it mentions this constraint on deriving non-vala classes.

--
                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>