[Vala] compile problem

Thanks for the explanation.

However my problem isn't solved. I though that was my problem, but it's
definitely not.

I have 2 files an basic_class.vala and an extended_class.vala. I generate c
files with the valac -c command.
After that I want to compile those 2 files separately, so I can link them
later:
gcc -c basic_class.c
gcc -c advanced_class.c
But the second compile instruction gives the following error:
advanced_class.c:74: warning: ‘basicclass_set_some_var’ used but never
defined
What am I doing wrong?

ps. I've reduced my project to only 2 files with only 3 lines, so it's easy
to see the problem. My files are located here:
http://alasal.be/AWN/valaproblem.tar.gz (1kb)

dolfje