Re: [Vala] Methods/ctors overloading

Hi,

2009/11/30 "Andrés G. Aragoneses" <knocte gmail com>:
Replying to myself:

Andrés G. Aragoneses escribió:
Hello. I'm wondering if the difference between Vala and C# wrt
method/ctor overloading is intentional or is its real support planned in
It's intentional, one of the main goals of vala is to have libraries
that can be used from C. So methods must have sensible names (i.e.
name mangling is not an option)

btw, Vala has named creation methods (a.k.a. named constructors) so
there is no need for overloading (Yes, it would be useful but not
necessary)

It seems like not planned:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/vala-list/2008-July/msg00007.html

the future? I ask this because I think it's a really important feature.
If not planned, I'd like to know if there would be interest in accepting
patched for it.

I meant "patches". So my question still stands: even not planned by the
maintainers, would patches be accepted from the community?
No. See above.

Peace,
Abderrahim