Re: [Vala] "precompiled" vapis

Hi

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 12:15 PM, pancake <pancake youterm com> wrote:
I was playing around gtk and curses and noticed a huge different in compile
times
which I think it is caused because of the size of gtk+-2.0.vapi compared to
curses.vapi.

It will be nice to be able to precompile those .vapis in a binary form, so
Vala can
directly load the AST instead of having to parse it.

What do you think about it?

Switching to gir might speed up things, especially if vala supports
the typelib format.

I would go into that direction instead, if it's possible.

regards,

--
Marc-André Lureau
Sent from Barcelona, Spain