Re: [Vala] Vala Code Samples

Emad Al-Bloushi wrote:
Peace be upon you all ,

Regarding to Vala Code Sample I would like to thank you for your great valuable job and I have a list of
suggestions to facilitate testing and increase ease of development as described  below :

Clean all available samples from deprecated syntax

There should not be much deprecated syntax. Sometimes I build the
examples on my machine to make sure that they compile with the latest
Vala release.

and deprecated GNOME libraries.

GConf, dbus-glib and panel applets might become deprecated with GNOME
3.0 in favor of GSettings, GDBus and some yet-to-be-defined GNOME Shell
API, as far as I know. But otherwise there are no samples for deprecated
libraries on the wiki page.

Increase samples categories (Glib , GIO , Mysql ... etc) with their subcategories (GLib.Environment ,
GLib.Math , GLib.Shell ... etc).

I have tried to restructure the samples section into categories. Don't
know if they make more sense. And I agree with you. For example, I would
like to see the GTK+ samples page to be expanded into a GTK+ tutorial.

Allow developers in Vala list to post you their well tested samples.

The GNOME Live wiki is open for everyone to contribute.

I think we can make testing and developing mechanism much better and easier to the current developers and
newbie developers

Best Regards,

Best regards,

Frederik