Re: [Vala] Conditionally compiling from FAQ

El Thursday 26 March 2009 13:07:56 Levi Bard escribió:

The FAQ says I should add '-D COND' to the valac command line but doing
so just tells me 'unknown option -D', has the syntax changed or am I
reading the example wrong?

Have you considered to use an external preprocessor, as suggested in
the "compile.sh" example given in the FAQ[1]?

It's more powerful than the original -D option, which, IIRC caused me problems
when trying to use particular library functions only when that library was
available in the system. That was the reason why I moved to the preprocessor
based solution.

[1] http://live.gnome.org/Vala/FAQ

--
Enrique Ocaña