Re: [Vala] Emitting type symbols, identifiers and type-less parameters. bugzilla 558106

Dne 30. červen 2009 16:50 Jiří Zárevúcky <zarevucky jiri gmail com> napsal(a):
2009/6/30 Sam Liddicott <sam liddicott com>:

The question is:
How shall vapi files specify:

that an argument may be any type
that an argument may be a non-type type, e.g. a type symbol or identifier

Jürg has suggested CCode attributes; so we could try to wrap these examples
like this:

I think it would be much nicer to define them simply as "pseudo-types"
with proposed CCode arguments instead being keywords. Decorated "void"
type is quite ugly.

Or is there some reason why this isn't a good idea?

Another thought occurred to me. CCode attributes are currently not
propagating into documentation, for the reason that they are low-level
"implementation details" that programmer should not care about. So by
actually specifying the type of information passed via attribute, we
would be breaking that presumption. Not mentioning requiring to
specially handle these special cases in the documentation, which would
in turn be ugly to read.