Re: [Vala] mod_vala (was Removal of Mono)

Hi Sam,

   I'm not interested in getting into the politics of Mono, or
anti-Mono, or whatnot; politics are boring, programming is fun. However
I saw this on the list, and had to respond.

Maybe mod_mono (for apache) is an example of the sort of dependency I
was thinking of:
http://ibbie.xanga.com/686874553/item/

   That would be my blog post. I do still think a "mod_vala" would be a
*great* idea. Unfortunately, I feel it best to suggest that focusing on
improving the documentation might be a better goal. Both flavors of
syntax are great; but anyone coming in, either knowing another language
or just new to programming, will be discouraged when they can't find the
answers. After all, it's really difficult to RTFM when there's no
(finished) FM.  I mean, imagine if you did "man sbrk",  and at "RETURN
VALUE" it just said "To be completed..." (;

   Just my two cents.

- Jeremy (ibbie)