Re: [Vala] Simple help needed with setting Pango Attributes...

There are two ways you can do it. One by using styles, and the second by using markup. They are both as easy. To use the style approach you set a name for your widget and then associate that name with a given style. I described this in my Gtk perl tutorial a few years back:

http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc/yapc-2004-perl-gtk2/slides.html

Search for "set_name". The approach is obviously the same in vala. Regarding not using markup, you can always write some utility routine called boldify() or something that takes care of escaping and of adding the necessary markup.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dov