Re: [Vala] DBUS : Must add the signal with dbus_g_proxy_add_signal()

El Friday 15 May 2009 16:01:00 Frédéric Gaudy escribió:

I try to connect a call back to DBus.Object signal I've got this warning :
WARNING **: Must add the signal
'net-sf-Cameleon-Service-conversion_completed' with
dbus_g_proxy_add_signal() prior to connecting to it
[...]
The signal ConversionCompleted is visible on D-Feet.

I know that the original mail is almost a month old, but I've just had the
same problem and got the solution. Here it is, just for the record:

As the signal is exposed to dbus in CamelCase, the trick is to use it also in
CamelCase on the client side.

--- Server exposed object example ---

[DBus (name = "org.test.Test", signals="model_changed")]
public class Test : GLib.Object {
  public signal void model_changed();
}

--- Client signal attachment example ---

_remote.ModelChanged += this.on_remote_model_changed;

And it just works. :)

--
Enrique Ocaña