Re: [Vala] Problems with virtual extern methods.

Hi Jiri,

Why doesn't it make sense? extern is just saying the code is written
somewhere else with another language. I guess you were thinking of
extern in C++ or something?

Think about implementing the GtkBuildable interface(the interface
itself) with VALA.

If the interface definition is written in VALA to take the advantages of
Vala, several of the accessor functions have to be supplied in C because
they selectively chain down to derived implementations based on whether
the instance is a GtkBuildable or not. Manually looking up the vtable is
too much for VALA.

If the entire interface is written in C, the extra dangling C header
won't blend well into the single header scheme of VALA for the shipped
library.

On the other hand isn't it too bad if VALA can't even reproduce
GtkBuildable under is schema at all? It is really not a very weird
interface if you read its source code.

Yu