Re: [Vala] Class and interface names can be "too short"?

Hi Boris,

On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 10:16 +0200, boris kolar wrote:

I just noted an error stating that class name was too short (less than
3 characters). After taking a look at the source, it seems that
interfaces have the same restriction. This goes strongly against my
"libertarian" sense that all needless restrictions should be
removed ;) Is there a good reason for this restriction? If not (or not
always), I propose modification of valagtypemodule.vala and allowing
arbitrary length identifiers (hint: search for "too short").

I'm not familiar with the reasoning behind the restriction, however,
it's a limit of GObject, not a limit of Vala. We just report the error
in Vala to avoid a runtime error from GObject later on.

Jürg