Re: [Vala] Removal of Mono

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:32:10 +0100,
Daniel Lucraft <dan fluentradical com> wrote:

I remember reading once that although Excel had the ability to import
from Lotus 123 since the beginning, it was only when Excel gained the
ability to *export* to Lotus 123 that it saw significant takeup,
because offices didn't have to worry that they would get locked in to
an untested product.

By that logic, what Vala really needs is a Vala -> Mono converter, not
the other way around.

I've really only just started with Vala (still trying to figure out
what everyone uses for documentation).  But I've got an application
(still in its infancy) that has a portable satellite portion presently
implemented as a quick TCL hack.

I don't really care about being able to perform automated ports back
and forth.  I just want to know if there's anything I can do now in
the satellite application to make it easier to port when the time
comes (I really don't relish the idea of working in two similar but
different environments at the same time).

--
Fredderic

Debian/unstable (LC#384816) on i686 2.6.29-2-686 2009 (up 1 day, 16:56)