Re: [Vala] gnome-db bindings..

Didn't realize the attachment was so large.. here's just the pertinent
parts.

On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 09:31 -0700, Shawn Ferris wrote:
Hey All,

There was talk of people working on bindings for gnome-db. I haven't
seen the results of those on the list so I decided to take a stab again.
Attached is a tarball of my work, which quite frankly, I expect people
to tell me I got it entirely wrong. (I'm still REALLY new to this) 8D

Anyway, they appear to be working at least in my limited test. I
basically re-implemented one of the simple samples from libgda and it
behaves as I would expect, but, I make no claim that they're right.

Now my problem is libgnome-db.. vala-gen-introspect goes ok, I get some
unknown symbols, but I assume that is probably ok?? but vapigen doesn't
work, so they probably aren't ok?

The problem I get with vapigen is:

libgnomedb-4.0.gi:0.0-0.0: error: construction methods may only be
declared within classes and structs

repeated 14 times. I'm assuming this should be obvious, but I can't seem
to find the issue. Can anyone give me a hand.. I'm a DBA and would love
to start building code in vala for my databases.

Other info:

vala version 5.6
libgda trunk revision 3305
libgnome trunk revision 1766

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Shawn

PS: There is a patch included that brute forces the resulting .gi file
by removing some dup entries, and a sed script to rename the Xml nodes
previously mentioned on the list.. I'm sure this isn't right if someone
could suggest a better route and in general any thing I can do better,
I'd welcome it!