Re: [Vala] Properly wrapping callbacks

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
Hi,

I'm working on my first binding for a non-gobject library -- please see
gsm0710_p.h.

My current vapi is also attached. I'm struggling with setting the callback
pointers now. How should the callbacks in my .vala object be defined so that
I can set them via e.g.

<callback>

var ctx = new Context();
ctx.at_command = <callback>

Cheers,

Mickey.

You should make your delegate non-static, since an instance gets passed.
In your case the instance gets passed as first parameter and not as last
parameter, so you must add [CCode [instance_pos = 0)]. And 'char*'
translates to 'string' in Vala.

  [CCode [instance_pos = 0)]
  public delegate int at_command_t (string command);

Regards,

Frederik