Re: [Vala] Problems with ref functions that returns void.

2009/1/2 Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>:
On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 05:03 +0000, Alberto Ruiz wrote:

gconf_entry_ref returns nothing; How to handle this? Shall someone file
a bug to GConf to ask them to return the object pointer in
gconf_entry_ref?

gconf is pretty much unmaintained, besides, that API is public hence
it's not possible to change it's return value

the first part is mostly correct, even though bug fixes are still
applied.

the second part (API update) is possible, as it would be an
ABI-compatible change (applications written without using the function
as a rvalue would still work correctly).

oops, my bad, I didn't know that was allowed, then I don't think the
lack of maintainer counts since the patch would trivial.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,