Re: [Vala] Coding standard: indentation?

On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 15:20 -0500, Michel Salim wrote:
All the Vala code I've seen so far use 8-space indentation, with Tabs
not converted to spaces. Is this documented somewhere as being the
preferred style?

Vala itself uses tabs for indentation and spaces for line-up. Tab size
can be set to whatever you like, it doesn't matter if you use tabs
properly.

I'm packaging Vala Toys for gedit right now, and it uses this for its
project generator, and when editing Vala source, any attempt to change
the indentation gets reset to 8-space/TAB when the file is saved.
Granted, this is probably a bug (that I'll report), but a clarification
would be useful.

That's a gedit 2.25 bug and unrelated to vtg, as far as I know.

Jürg