Re: [Vala] posix.vapi additions (signal)

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 17:00 +0100, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
Am Thursday 05 February 2009 16:04:04 schrieb Ed Schouten:
* Jürg Billeter <j bitron ch> wrote:
On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 02:07 +0100, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
Please add to posix.vapi:

Thanks, committed.

Wouldn't it have been better to make this type safe? We could have used
enumerations for this. Signal.INT or something.

Personally, I think that's overkill for the posix binding, but it's Jürgs call
of course.

As already mentioned in a comment in the bug report, I don't think it
makes a lot of sense to try to construct a high level POSIX binding. It
just does not fit very well. GLib and GLib based libraries should be
used for higher level cross-platform bindings.

I also don't really
agree there are definitions for non-standard signals there. What is a
SIGCLD?

It's a synonym for SIGCHLD used in lots of older code. When I submitted my
contribution I though I might as well strive for completeness. Feel free to
submit a patch that removes it, if it bothers you too much.

I already dropped that and a few other non-POSIX constants before
committing, forgot to mention it. Fortunately, we do not have to care
about older code compatibility when writing new bindings.

Jürg