[Vala] Predefined preprocessor directives, e.g. VALAC_VERSION?

Hi,

Are there any preprocessor directives predefined by the compiler? (e.g. VALAC_VERSION). I've looked in the compiler documentation and FAQ but it only mentions that the facility exists to define symbols and perform conditional compilation on them. I also couldn't find anything in bugzilla (maybe I should open an enhancement request?)

As a follow up question - are there any plans to support more than just the simple equality operators. e.g. it would be useful to write something like...

#if VALAC_VERSION <= 0.7.6
        // workaround
#else
        // normal code
#endif

Having just '#if VALAC_VERSION == 0.7.6 || VALAC_VERSION == 0.7.7' would be Ok in the interim though.

This would especially be useful while valac is still pre-1.0 :)

Thanks

-Darren