[Vala] gtk-clutter question

I hope this is the correct place to ask this question. I started to play around with Vala, Gtk, and Clutter. I wanted to embed clutter inside of my Gtk program. I downloaded the gtk-clutter-0.10 binding patch and applied it. However I can not figure out how to get the stage/actor embedded inside of Gtk. Can anyone provide a simple example.

I currently have

using Gtk;
using Clutter;

public class test : Window {

   public test () {
      this.title = "Embed Clutter Inside GTK";
      this.position = WindowPosition.CENTER;
      this.set_default_size (400,400);

      //Create Clutter Stage/Actor to embed inside GTK
      Gtk.Widget clutter_box = new GtkClutter.Embed ();

      //Add a button that will start the clutter animation
      var sbutton = new Button.with_label ("Start");
      //sbutton.clicked.connect ( () => {
      //   //need to start clutter animation some how
      //});

      //create a vbox with embed clutter on top and button on bottom
      var vbox = new VBox (true, 5);
      //vbox.add(clutter_box);
      vbox.add(sbutton);

      this.add (vbox);
   } //test

   public static int main (string[] args) {
      Gtk.init (ref args);

      var window = new test ();
      window.destroy.connect (Gtk.main_quit);
      window.show_all ();

      Gtk.main ();
      return 0;
   } //main
} //test

It compiles just fine, but when I run the program I get the errors:

(test:3029): Clutter-WARNING **: Unable to create a new stage: the glx backend does not support multiple stages.

(test:3029): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(test:3029): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

Is that my computer causing the errors or my code? Thanks for any help you can provide, it will be most appreciated. Also if I am asking this in the wrong place I apologize.

Andy B