Re: [Vala] customizing the equal_func on arraylist

Nice, the cast is the trick... ;-)

thanks

--
Lucas Augusto Deters

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Abderrahim Kitouni <a kitouni gmail com>wrote:

Hi,

2009/12/15 Lucas Deters <lucasdeters+vala gmail com<lucasdeters%2Bvala gmail com>
:
Hello,

Can someone show me how to pass a customized "equal_func" function to the
arraylist?
All samples I found are working with strings , but I need an custom
comparator.

ArrayList<string> list = new ArrayList<string> ( str_equal );
ArrayList<MyClass> list = new ArrayList<MyClass> ( ??? );
There is direct_equal if you want to compare on adresses, but if you
want to compare on something else, you can define your own equality
function.
e.g.
bool my_class_equal (MyClass a, MyClass b) {
   return a.some_field == b.some_field;
}
(you may need to cast it to an EqualFunc when passing it as a parameter
though)

HTH,
Abderrahim