Re: [Vala] A few questions

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 19:04:35 -0500, Hugo Florentino wrote:
I dont use windows so cannot say but valac syntax support should be
identical. I am also thinking of allowing automatic line continuations
if last character of a line is a comma (without need of a backslash) in
future versions of Genie

This would be a great idea, also consider allowing some operators
like "+" for string concatenation and "and/or" for complex
conditions.
Actually, on second thought Genie _could_ be smart enough to detect
line continuation in every possible case. I believe Python can do
it, so I don't see why Genie can't.

Actually python does not do it. It only ignores newline without backslash
when any parenthesis, brackets or braces are open.

There are some other languages (e.g. Lua) that do it, though. The idea is
that if at the end of line the parser is not in a state where it does not
expect end of statement, it ignores the newline instead of declaring an error.

--
                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>