Re: [Vala] MarkupParser binding

Hi,

2009/12/8 Andrea Del Signore <sejerpz tin it>:
Hi Michael,

today I had to resolve the same problem and I think that the
MarkupParser bindings are wrong.
[...]
There is also another problem about the user_data field that in the
current bindings is wrongly assumed to be the MarkupParser instance
pointer but instead it is the user_data parameter passed to the
MarkupParserContext class.

That's exactly what I meant when I said
As for MarkupParser, I don't see a way to fix it apart from marking
the delegates as has_target=false and passing the user_data manually
(in fact actually writing C code but compiling with valac since you
won't be able to use instance methods).
Not very Vala-ish, but solves the problem.

What would solve the problem a bit better is to have a
MarkupParserContext constructor that takes multiple delegates rather
than packing them in a struct.

Regards,
Abderrahim