Re: [Vala] Fwd: Getting path to my program's directory

Mark Dewey wrote:
pancake wrote:
Are you serious about opening dialogs to get a string representing the
path to the program? I can't believe it srsly
No. It doesn't work. If it did work, then sure, I'd be serious. At the
very least it would give you to know there was a way to do it.

I take that back. If you had to open the dialog, then no, I wouldn't be
serious, but my suggestion never involved that—just creating one (that
never opens the dialog window, and it doesn't interrupt the program flow).

Mark Dewey wrote:
Like I said in my reply, I'm not the one who asked the question, nor do
I particularly need the answer, although it would be nice to know, for
curiosity's sake, but I digress.

I'm not asking by saying that, by the way. I do, however, ask that any
further answers be directed at the person that asked (not that I expect
any, especially as it's an old thread most of you have probably already
seen).