Re: [Vala] Getting path to my program's directory

Mark Dewey wrote:
I found an unlikely solution that works for me, although it requires Gtk
(so it's not Vala specific—can we answer seemingly Vala-specific
questions with non-Vala-specific answers here?)
• Make a Gtk.FileChooserDialog
• Call its get_current_folder method (it's your program directory by
default, or at least it's mine on Ubuntu 9.10—it'd be nice to know if it
worked on other operating systems, too, though.

Sorry, it's not a workable solution after all. It just gets the current
directory—it changes when the directory you start the program from changes.