[Vala] Broken bindings on 64-bit Ubuntu: libgee and Lua

I've noticed that libgee doesn't compile correctly on 64-bit Ubuntu
(9.10). It compiles the functionality for lists, but not for associative
arrays or anything else. Am I missing some dependency? I compiled libgee
myself.

Also, the Lua vapi file doesn't seem to work (although it worked fine on
my 32-bit Ubuntu 9.04 box). This refers to the Lua vapi file installed
with Vala through apt-get. I likely tried other methods, though.

Has anyone else tried these on a 64-bit Linux computer? What was your
experience like? Is there a fix?