[Vala] M4 Macros for vala+valadoc when automake integration is unavailable

Dear List,

I would like to share these m4 macros for vala/valadoc with you. They
helped me to keep the 'Makefile.am's neat and clean. The approach is
copied from intltool, by substituting rules with @XXXX@ substitutions in
Makefile.am.

vala.m4 provides helpers for invoking valac. This file is modified from
Mathias's original vala.m4.

valadoc.m4 provides helpers for invoking valadoc and adds a
--enable-valadoc parameter to the configure script.

Drop them into a toplevel sub-directory in your project
(namely ./autotools)

Add three lines to configure.ac
AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([autotools])
AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR([autotools])
AC_SUBST(ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS, "-I autotools")
# also modify aclocal in autogen.sh if applicable

Then
VALA_PROG_VALAC(0.6.0)
VALA_PROG_VALADOC

More information are in the m4 files. An example for using both together
is given in valadoc.m4.

The limitation is that only one 'ultimate' target(ie, one .la file) per
source code directory can be built with the rules.

Regards,

Yu