Re: [Vala] Starting with Vala, problems with strings

Hi Diego,
Also have a look at:
http://live.gnome.org/Vala/FAQ#head-66eaa46cac67dfc44f5bc00929c746124e5f311d

and
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/vala-list/2008-April/msg00058.html

Best regards,
Bart
Hi Diego,

private static int my_string_handler(string str)/*no '*'*/ {

}

If possible use unichar, string.next_char, string.get_char, to
manipulate string is better than directly access the char by its
location because all strings are utf8 encoded.

StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder("");
for(weak string s = str; s.get_char()!=0; s = s.next_char()) {
 unichar c = s.get_char();
 if(c != '+') sb.append_unichar(c);
 else {

   break;