Re: [Vala] Problems manipulating Gtk Treeview in Genie

Hi,

Can you provide the genie source files you are trying to compile

thanks

jamie

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 11:34 +1000, GALLOWAY Stuart J (SVHM) wrote:
Hi,

The problem:

I am converting a list managing program from pyGtk to Genie.

I want to clear and reconstruct columns dynamically to suit various 2
dimensional tables.

I want to use Gtk.TreeView.get_columns  to clear the columns
I cant get this to compile:  I am using the windows port of valac 7.0

for col in treeview.get_columns()
            treeview.remove_column(col)
I tried assigning the columns to a list.  I could not do that until I
installed libGee but it still does not want to assign to that list.
Can’t I use a Glib list?  Is a libGee list compatible with a Glib
list?
Because Vala and Genie are statically typed I presume I would have to
declare a list of  treecolumns.  How would I do that? Can I have an
anonymous list and typecast each element?
Most things are converting nicely but I get stuck every so often.
Fantastic language but we need some more examples and documentation.
I am using Glade3 to develop the GUI and genie reads that without
problems with Builder.  When I run the program (with problem areas
commented out) I get a whole lot of warnings about about vertical
orientation not being recognised. What is that about?

GLib.List get_columns ()

Disclaimer : The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are
intended only for the person or entity to which this e-mail is
addressed and may contain confidential, privileged and/or commercially
sensitive material. If you are not, or believe you may not be, the
intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by return
e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies.