Re: [Vala] How do I call functions which have a "ref" variable as one of their argument

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 15:19 +0200, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
I've wanted to restart working on my vala branch of cheese. In the
meantime vala has received quite some changes. Therefore it does not
compile anymore. The main problem I have are "ref" variables. For
example with the text_extents method of Cairo

              TextExtents extents;
              text_extents ("hello", ref extents);

This does not compile because the compiler says.
"use of possibly unassigned local variable `extents' text_extents
("hello", ref extents);"

What should I do here or is it a bug in text_extents?

This is a bug in text_extents, it should be an `out' parameter (should
have been from the beginning). Fixed in master.

              RawError dbus_error;

              dbus_error.init ();

complains about the fact that dbus_error is unassigned.

That is a bad binding, improved now in master:

        // calls dbus_error_init in the generated code
        var dbus_error = RawError ();

Jürg