[Vala] [Bindings] Adding new wrapper classes?

Hi,

Is it possible to add new classes to the vapi - such as that they do not bind to any cname in the headers of the original library?
If I try this now, it results in undeclared identifier, because these are not defined anywhere in the c code.

Im asking because it is often convenient to add wrapper classes, to make the original c code a bit more object oriented.

My concrete example is enum structure and some functions that access the enum.
It will be nice if Im able to make a new wrapper class that holds the enum as a field and has member function that call the original functions with the field as parameter.
Is this possible?

10x
MihailNaydenov