Re: [Vala] Foreach on interfaces

On 21.11.2008 16:10:29, Jürg Billeter wrote:
On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 09:48 +0000, Spencer, Matthew wrote:
> But I get errors:
>   error: missing class prerequisite for interface 'InterfaceA'
> on the lines marked with 1 and 2.

Interfaces need to have a class as prerequisite to be usable as a
variable - we miss memory management information otherwise.

public interface InterfaceA : Object {

This looks like a very common problem. I'm new to Vala and I already bumped into it. Isn't it worthy to make a warning for ifaces which don't have ": Object" ? In future it would be possible to implement -nowarn: option to valac.
--
Ildar  Mulyukov,  free SW designer/programmer
email: ildar users sourceforge net