Re: [Vala] Bindings for gdkkeysyms.h

Ah, thanks! I had assumed --pkg was for namespaces and not actual files.

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Alexander Bokovoy <ab altlinux org> wrote:
On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Dan Saul <daniel saul gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

It would seem that bindings for gdkkeysyms.h seem to be missing. As a
consequence we have to use the numbers instead eg:

switch (event.keyval)
               {
                       case 0xff52: // GDK_Up

This works, but of course is not ideal. Being new to vala the language
came fast but I haven't yet tackled any api work. So as an attempt I
created the file "gdk-keysyms.vapi" in the vapi directory and placed
the attached contents inside. However I get the following error:

SidebarList.vala:169.9-169.19: error: The name `KeySyms' does not
exist in the context of `Gdk'
                       case Gdk.KeySyms.Up: // GDK_Up 0xff52

Any thoughts?
valac --pkg gdk-keysyms
Vala doesn't read all .vapi files when compiling application. You have
to specify what subset of them needs to be included, except glib-2.0
which is included automagically.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy