Re: [Vala] Implicit lamdas/closures

Am Saturday 01 November 2008 09:27:24 schrieb Jürg Billeter:
On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 16:22 +0200, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
Am Wednesday 17 September 2008 00:34:08 schrieb Jürg Billeter:
I like the idea of adding language support for asynchronous method
calls, I was thinking of implementing this for some months but it
wasn't on the top of my todo list.

I haven't tried implementing this, but I think that the Vala code could
be made even simpler and the labels should not be necessary. My idea is
to introduce a modifier/attribute to mark methods as async capable. If
you call an async method using the `yield' keyword, it will
automatically introduce a continuation point there, i.e., add a
callback and return in C. The async method call will not accept any
delegate or lambda, it will just implicitly use the rest of the method
body.

That sounds amazing. Could we use this to have the missing support for
async. dbus server support or is that only useful for the client?

Yes, async D-Bus server support will be built on top of this scheme. I'm
planning to start working on this soon.

Great! This will give our projects a boost.

Cheers,
--
:M: