Re: [Vala] private fields vs bodyless properties

On Sat, 2008-05-31 at 03:03 +0200, Hans Vercammen wrote:
Thanks again for clearing things up.

For cases where this is a performance issue, we're improving the support
for non-GObject (but still GType-registered) classes, which follow more
closely the C# and Java construction scheme.

Will the non-gobject approach in the future provide oo paradigms which
are not limited to the gobject likings or should I see this differently?

Non-GObject classes can't use the GObject property or construction
mechanism, therefere we use a simple system for constructors and this
will be pretty similar to what C# and Java does, except that we don't
use overloading. Constructor chaining is not supported yet but the rest
should already work.

Jürg