Re: [Vala] Serial port help

* Matías De la Puente <mfpuente ar gmail com> wrote:
My question is whether I should create a special class to manipulate
the structure termios to configure the port or is there another way
using GIO / GVFS

We should write some kind of termios binding I guess. If you do so,
please do not make it Linux specific. It would be good enough to specify
the following:

        http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/000095399/basedefs/xbd_chap11.html
        http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/termios.h.html

There is no need to specify stuff like CBAUD (see `APPLICATION USAGE').
It is safe to define the XSI bits, though.

If you need any help with this, be sure to mail me. I don't like to
brag, but I'm currently working on a rewrite of the FreeBSD TTY layer
for my graduation, so I should know a lot about the interface.

Good luck!

--
 Ed Schouten <ed 80386 nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/