Re: [Vala] Problems with goocanvas bindings

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 08:54:29PM -0700, Andreas wrote:
Sorry, I forgot to say that I'm using vala 1.7
and my goocanvas version is 0.9. Was there some kind of API change since
the last update of the vapi files?

I have also been having troubles with GooCanvas. I think there was a
problem with the binding generation or it isn't ready yet.

To get anything to appear I had to go into the goocanvas vapi and add
a ... arg to all varargs API functions,
e.g. goo_canvas_rect_new. Otherwise a terminating NULL argument won't
be appended to the varargs list in the C code.

The second thing I had to do was declare all my CanvasItems as
pointers in vala code. The purpose of this was to make sure the canvas
items were not dereffed before goocanvas needs to draw them. Obviously
this isn't the right thing to do but I haven't looked at the situation
properly yet.

Does this help you?

The gtk+ stuff works perfectly btw. I really appreciate your work on
vala!

Me too!