[Vala] String manipulation => double free crash

Hi,

Attached is a very simple Vala program which demonstrates a problem
I'm having with 0.3.4.

Basically, I'm trying to turn an identifier like "parse_file" from a
VAPI into a Java identifier with camel casing ("parseFile")[1].
However compiling and running this test case causes a crash with glibc
detecting a double free:

    $ valac doublefreetest.vala
    $ ./doublefreetest.vala
    Gee
    *** glibc detected *** ./doublefreetest: double free or corruption
    (fasttop): 0x0000000000606900 ***
    ======= Backtrace: =========
    /lib/libc.so.6[0x7f930d76108a]
    /lib/libc.so.6(cfree+0x8c)[0x7f930d764c1c]
    ./doublefreetest[0x400c75]
    ./doublefreetest[0x400ab2]
    ./doublefreetest[0x400afc]
    /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf4)[0x7f930d70b1c4]
    ./doublefreetest[0x400a09]

Any ideas? Is it user error caused by my Java-addled brain making me
not think about string memory allocation? Or is it a bug in
Vala/GObject's ref counting?

Cheers,

Andrew

[1] This is for a program which uses Vala.Parser and friends to output
    Java interfaces which can then be used with JNA[2] to provide OO access
    to libvala from the Valable Eclipse plugin[3]

[2] https://jna.dev.java.net/

[3] New screenshots at http://tinyurl.com/valable-screenshots

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew bleb org | http://www.bleb.org/