Re: [Vala] True vala introspection

* Florian Brosch wrote, On 28/06/08 22:25:

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Sam Liddicott <sam liddicott com> wrote:

However, in trying to find the signal handler signatures for Gtk.Button, I found just:
    public    signal void               activate                  (  )  ;
    public    signal void               clicked                   (  )  ;
    public    signal void               enter                     (  )  ;
    public    signal void               leave                     (  )  ;
    public    signal void               pressed                   (  )  ;
    public    signal void               released                  (  )  ;

- no arguments, which is about a much sense as I got from the vapi file, but we know from the glade example that the click signal handlers do take arguments:
http://live.gnome.org/Vala/GladeSample
    [CCode (instance_pos = -1)]
    public void on_bHelloWorld_clicked (Gtk.Widget widget) {
        stdout.printf ("Hello World!\n");
    }

Something funny is going on as by the time the handler sees the event both the event-generating object and the handling object are being passed on the stack.

I'll take of that. Thanks for the bug-report.

Did you get anywhere with this; it seems not to be a simple problem to me.

I'll be happy to add xml output to valadoc to support introspection from a vala perspective.

Sounds good - we need something like that anyway. I thought about to extend the gir-format and add some stuff for the documentation.

There is no plugin-interface at the moment, but I'm sure we find a good solution. We should meet us at irc or jabber to talk about that next days. I'm going to travel to salzburg at 03/07 - it would be great if we could talk before.
I'm usually logged on to chat.freenode.net as samjam, feel free to ping me when you get back from Salzburg.

Sam