Re: [Vala] GValue magic

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 12:05:29 -0700
"Christian Hergert" <christian hergert gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

Wanted to suggest a feature that would be useful to simply the
consumption of GValue based methods. Just a bit of compiler magic to
automatically box/unbox values into GValue's?

For example,

public void do_something (GValue *value);

// create a gvalue, and use proper g_value_set method
do_something ("blah");
or
do_something (100);

If others are interested, I will create a bug.

The idea is pretty good, but if I understand correctly this will lead to
a C API using GValues as parameters for the various methods. Which is
absolutely not convenient if you intend to use a library written in Vala (eg
libgee, but I'm pretty sure more will come) from a C program.

--
Andrea Bolognani <eof kiyuko org>