Re: [Vala] Added initial vala support to waf build system

On Jan 22, 2008 2:22 AM, Jaap A. Haitsma <jaap haitsma org> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the explanation

vala-gen-introspect mylib path/to/settings

And in path/to/settings you add .metadata and other stuff.

Like in these sub directories:
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/vala/trunk/vapi/packages/

Looking overthere it seems that these files are not generated by make
files but just by hand, which seems logical to me because you don't
want to regenerate them all the time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see many people using
vala-gen-introspect and vapigen in vala project.

It will be used by all projects sporting vala bindings. If the api
changes, the .gi/.vapi-files should of course be re-generated.
However, as vala-gen-introspect doesn't work for the project I'm
working on  I don't really care any longer.

--
Daniel Svensson