[Vala] virtual / override

Hi all

A quick question for those who are more in the know of all vala stuff.

The virtual / override language options for methods.  I see that the
code will call the appropriate method regardless if you define the
method as virtual and override it.  The difference seems to be about 10
bytes of code if you don't specify that the method is virtual before
overriding it.  So is there a speed improvement by using explicit form?
I'm assuming no lookup for the appropriate function.  Also if you
override the function without specifying override the code size
increases (about 36 bytes).  Any ideas?

Basically what is the recommended way (personally I don't like the C++
virtual methods stuff, Java based person).  Should it be required or
optional?

Regards, Srecko