Re: [Vala] [ANNOUNCE] Vala Toys for gEdit 0.1.0
- From: Andrea Del Signore <sejerpz tin it>
- To: Matías De la Puente <mfpuente ar gmail com>
- Cc: vtg-dev googlegroups com, Vala ML <vala-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Vala] [ANNOUNCE] Vala Toys for gEdit 0.1.0
- Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 22:07:10 +0100
On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 13:28 -0200, Matías De la Puente wrote:
2008/12/16 Andrea Del Signore <sejerpz tin it>
I'm proud to announce the first release of
Vala Toys for gEdit a.k.a. "Who is Valdo?"
I just installed in my system and it's working ok.
I just submitted the PKGBUILD for building your packeg in the AUR
repository of Archlinux. If anyone is intersted..
I want to help you with the tranlation to spanish of the package, but
i don't know how to do it :) because i still learning autotools and
i'm starting to learn gettext . If you have some tips to do it whould
glad that you liked Vtg thanks!
Vtg is still in its infancy and I need all the help I can get, also
because my time is pretty limited.
So about the spanish translation even if I'm not so expert I prepared
Vtg to be translated, but first I've to warn you about this:
1) during the development I tried to mark the string for translation but
that wasn't my top priority so I can miss a lot of strings that will be
added in the future
2) since I'm not fluent as I'd like in english usually I rethink a lot
about messages and change them a lot of times at the beginning.
So things can be quite in flux in this area at the moment.
Having said that, I think that we can proceed with this steps
1) Download the po template files from the vtg svn repository:
2) Rename it to es.po and then fill the header
2) You can translate it with a simple text editor, see how I've done the
3) Send me your es.po, an email or a bug report against Vtg or a post in
the vtg mailing list will be
If you want to know more about software translation the Gnome
Translation Project has some valuable guides:
Have a nice day,
Since I'm an expert gnome developer any advice if this is a simple
enough workflow is welcome
] [Thread Prev