Re: [Vala] use weak and var together

On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 14:05 +0000, Frédéric Gaudy wrote:
I don't know if it' a bug or a feature. When I use weak and var
keywords, I obtain a error:
error: The type name `var' could not be found

Code :
weak var thread = Thread.create( this.process_thread, true);

I haven't decided yet whether we should support that and if yes, what
exact syntax to use. In addition to your example, just

        weak thread =...

might also be a possibility. I tend to not support it at all at the
moment and rather try to minimize the number of situations where 'weak'
is needed.

Jürg