Re: [Vala] Time in vala

A. Walton wrote:
Maybe Vala should ship a new Time() class that makes this less awkward
to work with? And/or we could scream at the GLib guys to make a new
(portable) GTime class for GLib 3.0... Maybe you could hack something
around GDate for your needs?

-A. Walton

The GLib date and time API is really awkward. In Vala there are four
structs (time_t, Time, TimeVal, Date) to represent date, time
or both which are not freely convertible among one another. For example
with Date it's possible to do things like "add one day", but it
will lose minutes and seconds information.

I think what Karl needs is a GObject version of
http://joda-time.sourceforge.net/

Regards,

Frederik