Re: [Vala] Beginners question about keyboard input

Hi,

I don't use the Genie syntax but a working sample for vala is :

using GLib;

public class SumCol {

        public static it main(string [] args)
        {
                int MAXLINELEN = 128;

                int sum = 0;
                char[] str = new char [MAXLINELEN];

                while(stdin.gets(str) != null)
                {
                        sum += ((string)str).to_int();
                }

                stdout.printf("%d\n",sum);
                return 0;
        }
}
<<

You can simply cast a char array to string as the string class is only
a wrapper around NULL terminated unichar array.